Well here it is.. the end of another interesting session in sewing. Lesson 2 is a corded pillow.
We went out and got the material for said pillows. I thought of my friend Nyx and got pink material and black cord. I made sure to get enough for two pillows. I had to make my own pattern and cut out the material .. then I did the hems like they said and started to put it together.
It seems I don't read properly and had the wrong foot on my machine. I realized it after 20 mins of frustrating sewing and ripping out. I put the foot they told me to put on and started the process again. It was still not working out so I decided to you tube it.
It was then i realized that they were talking about a hand made cord and not anything like what I was using.. I also learned that there is a actual pipe foot you can get that has a section that goes over the piping making it easier to stitch right against the cord.
I hammered my way through the cord and then tried my had at putting the entire thing together..
I SUCKED.. lol
Its a shitty job and if there is anything I have learned about myself. If the reason I cant get something right is because of not having the right materials I will continue to be frustrated.
With that in mind I promptly folded the remaining material for the second pillow and put a end to lesson #2. :O)
I decided I still wanted to sew. I did a bit of mending for prey and then went off to measure our little pillows again as I had an idea and wanted to see if it would work.
I measured and cut and started to sew. It wasnt long before I had two cute little pillow cases. This time they actually covered the little pillows and they look rather awesome if I say so myself!
And there it is, that feeling of pride from doing something that worked!
This will fuel me.
HAIR STICKS TO THIS MATERIAL LIKE CRAZY.
THE CASE I MADE FOR MY PILLOW MAKES IT FEEL LIKE A SAUSAGE AND I HAVE TO MAKE A NEW ONE!!